Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lucky March 2008

I thought I'd blog a while tonight because, well, I didn't feel "holy" enough to keep watching the Grammy's. Also, I was tired of watching Aretha's underarm flab jiggle. I can't think of a time when I've seen that woman with her arms covered. Someone, please send her some size-appropriate dresses...or a mirror.

Guess what? The March issue of Lucky is already out! And what a difference a month makes! The clothes are GREAT! Maybe I wasn't the only one who thought someone should have been fired for last month's issue. Oh sure, there are still a few duds, including Marc Jacobs, of course, who has consistently featured some random crack whore in his print ads. I dunno--maybe this is Marc's daughter who couldn't hold down a job at Burger King so he felt obligated to let her model? They could, at a minimum, brush her hair. She looks like Courtney Love on a bad day. And now, I guess, this hideous chick got her ambigulously gay boyfriend to pose with her this month. Anyway, let's move on.

Not a fan of Dillard's style picks this month. They dished out enough dough to cover an 8-page spread, but most of it seems a little out of synch with the rest of the magazine. The bright colors, polka dots and 70s rehash seem to be on their way out, thank God.

MAYBE? Okay, they're wearing me down. Dooney and Bourke featured another gigantic bag this month from Hayden Panettiere's signature line. I like these styles, but the bags are so large. Great if you wanna smuggle some snacks into the movie theatre but can you imagine trying to find your cell phone in there when it rings?

YES! Check out Neutrogena's Wave Power Cleanser. Intriguing. Go here to save $2.

NO! Mac and Jac? It's like Mac and Cheese without the taste!

YES! There are some really cute clothes this month that I could not even fit my big ass into. I saw great styles from Kensie, Rampage, Jovonich-Hawk (at TARGET!), Hilfiger and DKNY for starters.

THOSE DAMN EDITORS! I get so annoyed at the Editor's Picks (see p. 64). I always think they're absolutely hideous. This month is no exception. If I saw any of this in the dollar bin, I would pass it by.

ABSOLUTELY NO! Look at the Born ad on p. 79. Really? And more Editor's Picks on P. 85. Sigh. Stick to copy editing, honey. Oh, and p. 92 is even worse. Nautical? WTF?? From now on, I am only looking at the ads in this magazine because the editorial is simply ridiculous.

ONESIES ARE FOR BABIES, PEOPLE! Look at the Old Navy ad. This seems like an unusual style for Old Navy. Then, turn the page. StyleSpy mentions a dress and jacket combination that "is actually one piece." It looks like one piece, people. I do like that knuckle ring though.

CAN YOU SAY PHOTOSHOP? Wow! The True Religion model looks like she got stuck in the taffy machine at the Willy Wonka Factory!

More later...

No comments: